Re: [HACKERS] Replication vs. float timestamps is a disaster

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Replication vs. float timestamps is a disaster
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> The question to be asked is whether there is still anybody out there
> using float timestamps.  I'm starting to get dubious about it myself.
> Certainly, no packager that I'm aware of has shipped a float-timestamp
> build since we switched the default in 8.4.  Maybe there is somebody
> who's faithfully built a float-timestamp custom build every year so they
> can pg_upgrade in place from their 8.3 installation, but there have got
> to be darn few such people.

I'm wondering if it has any effect that pg_config.h.win32 says

/* Define to 1 if you want 64-bit integer timestamp and interval support.  (--enable-integer-datetimes) */
/* #undef USE_INTEGER_DATETIMES */

Whereas pg_config.h.win32 says:

/* Define to 1 if you want 64-bit integer timestamp and interval support.  (--enable-integer-datetimes) */
#define USE_INTEGER_DATETIMES 1

It looks like it was commit 2169e42bef9db7e0bdd1bea00b81f44973ad83c8
that enabled integer datetimes by default, but that commit seems to
not to have touched the Windows build scripts.  Commit
fcf053d7829f2d83829256153e856f9a36c83ffd changed MSVC over to use
integer datetimes by default, but I'm not clear if there's any build
environment where we rely on config.h.win32 but not Solution.pm?  If
not, what exactly is pg_config.h.win32 for and to what degree does it
need to be in sync with pg_config.h.in?  The list of differences
appears to be far more extensive than the header comment at the top of
pg_config.h.win32 would lead one to believe.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Should we cacheline align PGXACT?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Should we cacheline align PGXACT?