Re: Function to track shmem reinit time

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Function to track shmem reinit time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 9:07 AM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> On 3/29/18 9:40 AM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> On 03/28/2018 08:55 PM, David Steele wrote:
>>> I'm setting this entry to Waiting on Author, but based on the discussion
>>> I think it should be Returned with Feedback.
>>
>> Fine with me.
>
> This entry has been marked Returned with Feedback.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't see why it isn't useful
to have something like this. It's a lot easier for a monitoring
process to poll for this kind of thing than it is to monitor the logs.
Not that log monitoring isn't a good idea, but this is pretty
lightweight.

OTOH, it also seems like this could live as an out-of-core extension,
so I guess if nobody else likes the idea Anastasia could always do it
that way.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company