Re: Core Extensions relocation

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Core Extensions relocation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
>>> The term “core” here intends to show off that those extensions are
>>> maintained by the core PostgreSQL developer team. If needs be, those
>>> extensions will get updated in minor releases (crash, bugs, security,
>>> etc).
>>
>> Everything in contrib meets that definition, more or less.
>
> Yeah? It would only mean that Josh Berkus complaint about the naming is
> to be followed.

I am not sure I'm quite following you, but I'm unaware that there are
some contrib modules that we maintain more than others.  Bugs and
security vulnerabilities in any of them are typically fixed when
reported.  Now, sometimes we might not be able to fix a bug because of
some architectural deficiency, but that also happens in the server -
consider, for example, the recent discussion of creating a table in a
schema that is concurrently being dropped, which is likely to require
far more invasive fixing than we are probably willing to do anywhere
other than master.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company