Re: Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages atthe end of relation

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages atthe end of relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 3:57 AM Tsunakawa, Takayuki
<tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> From: David Steele [mailto:david@pgmasters.net]
> > This patch appears to have been stalled for a while.
> >
> > Takayuki -- the ball appears to be in your court.  Perhaps it would be
> > helpful to summarize what you think are next steps?
>
> disable_index_cleanup is handled by Sawada-san in another thread.  I understand I've reflected all review comments in
thelatest patch, and replied to the opinions/proposals, so the patch status is kept "needs review."  (I hope new fire
won'thappen...)

I don't see a patch with the naming updated, here or there, and I'm
going to be really unhappy if we end up with inconsistent naming
between two patches that do such fundamentally similar things.  -1
from me to committing either one until that inconsistency is resolved.
I have made a proposal for resolving it in a way that I think would be
satisfactory and best; other options might also exist; the patch looks
unproblematic otherwise; but I don't think it is committable as it
stands.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Refactoring the checkpointer's fsync request queue
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Special role for subscriptions