Re: [HACKERS] [POC] hash partitioning

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [POC] hash partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:54 PM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> Should we be pointing the gun away from people's feet by making hash
> partitions that cover the space automagically when the partitioning
> scheme[1] is specified?  In other words, do we have a good reason to have
> only some of the hash partitions so defined by default?

Sure, we can add some convenience syntax for that, but I'd like to get
the basic stuff working before doing that kind of polishing.

If nothing else, I assume Keith Fiske's pg_partman will provide a way
to magically DTRT about an hour after this goes in.  But probably we
can do better in core easily enough.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company