Re: [HACKERS] Default Partition for Range

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Default Partition for Range
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 8:28 AM, Beena Emerson <memissemerson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for informing.
> PFA the updated patch.
> I have changed the numbering of enum PartitionRangeDatumKind since I
> have to include DEFAULT as well. If you have better ideas, let me
> know.

Why do we need to introduce PARTITION_RANGE_DATUM_DEFAULT at all?  It
seems to me that the handling of default range partitions ought to be
similar to the way a null-accepting list partition is handled -
namely, it wouldn't show up in the "datums" or "kind" array at all,
instead just showing up in PartitionBoundInfoData's default_index
field.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company