Re: heavly load system spec

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: heavly load system spec
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Gregg Jaskiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this is a very general question. But if you guys had to specify
> system (could be one server or cluster), with sustainable transaction
> rate of 1.5M tps running postgresql, what configuration and hardware
> would you be looking for ?
> The transaction distribution there is 90% writes/updates and 10% reads.
> We're talking 64 linux, Intel/IBM system.
>
> I'm trying to see how that compares with Oracle system.

1.5 million is a lot of tps, especially if some of them are write
transactions.  On trivial read-only transactions (primary key lookup
on fully cached table), using a 16-core, 64-thread IBM POWER7 box,
pgbench -M prepared -S -n -T 60 -c 64 -j 64:

That box isn't quite the fastest one I've seen, but it's close.

What hardware is Oracle running on?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company