Re: Connection limit doesn't work for superuser

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Connection limit doesn't work for superuser
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 1:14 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I think that having superusers be immune to datconnlimit is actually
> the right thing; for one reason, because datconnlimit can be set by
> database owners, who should not be able to lock superusers out of
> their database.

Yeah, that's a reasonable argument, although they'd also be locking
themselves out of the database, and the superuser could undo it by
connecting to some other database.

> If people are okay with having rolconnlimit act
> differently from datconnlimit in this respect, then I'll withdraw
> my objection.

Is there any particular reason why they should be consistent?  It's
not obvious to me, but sometimes I'm dumb.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company