Re: Re: [GENERAL] 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Re: [GENERAL] 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2015-06-04 12:57:42 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> +     /*
>> +      * Do we need an emergency autovacuum?  If we're not sure, assume yes.
>> +      */
>> +     return !oldestOffsetKnown ||
>> +             (nextOffset - oldestOffset > MULTIXACT_MEMBER_SAFE_THRESHOLD);
>
> I think without teaching autovac about those rules, this might just lead
> to lots of autovac processes starting without knowing they should do
> something? They know about autovacuum_multixact_freeze_age, but they
> know neither about !oldestOffsetKnown nor, afaics, about pending offset
> wraparounds?

You're right, but that's why the latest patch has changes in
MultiXactMemberFreezeThreshold.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Re: [GENERAL] 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1