Re: Stored procedures and out parameters

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Stored procedures and out parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 4:14 PM, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
> Reading this from the (JDBC) drivers perspective, which is probably a fairly
> popular one,
> We now have a standard that we can't really support. Either the driver will
> have to support
> the new PROCEDURE with the {call } mechanism or stay with the existing
> FUNCTIONS.
> This puts the drivers in a no win situation.

I understand and I agree.

> Undoubtedly.. surely the opportunity to do something about this has not
> passed as this has not been
> officially released ?

I agree with that, too, but I can't make other people do things they
don't want to do, and then there's the question of time.  On the basis
of previous experience, there is going to be little appetite for
holding up the release to address this issue no matter how badly
busted it is.  Ultimately, it's the RMT that must decide what to do in
cases like this.  I have confidence that they are watching this
thread, but I don't know what they will decide to do about it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company