Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 2:12 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>> I think it'd be a different discussion if this where CF-1 or so. But
>> we're nearly *2* months after the the *end* of the last CF.
>
> There wouldn't be any discussion if it was CF-1 as I doubt anyone would
> object to it going in (or at least not as strongly..), even if it was
> submitted after CF-1 was supposed to be over with remaining patches.
> It's the threat of getting punted to the next release that really makes
> the difference here, imv.

The point is that if this had been submitted for CF-1, CF-2, CF-3, or
CF-4, and I had concerns about it (which I do), then I would have
budgeted time to record those concerns so that they could be discussed
and, if necessary, addressed.  Since it wasn't, I assumed I didn't
need to worry about studying the patch, figuring out which of my
concerns were actually legitimate, searching for other areas of
potential concern, and putting together a nice write-up until June -
and maybe not even then, because at that point other people might also
be studying the patch and might cover those areas in sufficient detail
as to obviate my own concerns.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)