Re: CTE Changes in PostgreSQL 12, can we have a GUC to get old behavior

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: CTE Changes in PostgreSQL 12, can we have a GUC to get old behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 4:27 PM Regina Obe <lr@pcorp.us> wrote:
> It's going to make a lot of people hesitant to upgrade if they think they need to revisit every CTE (that they
intentionallywrote cause they thought it would be materialized) to throw in a MATERIALIZED keyword.

You might be right, but I hope you're wrong, because if you're right,
then it means that the recent change was ill-considered and ought to
be reverted.  And I think there are a lot of people who are REALLY
looking forward to that behavior change.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: "Regina Obe"
Сообщение: RE: CTE Changes in PostgreSQL 12, can we have a GUC to get old behavior
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: CTE Changes in PostgreSQL 12, can we have a GUC to get oldbehavior