Re: C99 compliance for src/port/snprintf.c

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: C99 compliance for src/port/snprintf.c
Дата
Re: C99 compliance for src/port/snprintf.c
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 11:52 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> We could just mandate C99, more generally.
>
> /me goes and hides in a bush.

It's hard to believe that would cost much.  Personally, I'd prefer to
continue avoiding // comments and intermingled declarations of
variables and code on grounds of style and readability.  But it's kind
of difficult to believe that we really need to worry about people
still running 20-year old compilers very much.  My first exposure to
Tom arguing that we ought to continue supporting C89 was about a
decade ago, but the argument that people might still have older
systems in service was a lot more plausible then than it is now.

BTW, I think a bush is probably not a nearly sufficient place to hide.
The wrath of Tom will find you wherever you may go... :-)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company