Re: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 11:20 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Thank you very much for the valuable suggestions. I still would
> like to solve this problem and the
> a-counter-freely-running-in-minute(or several seconds)-resolution
> and pruning-too-long-unaccessed-entries-on-resizing seems to me
> to work enough for at least several known bloat cases. This still
> has a defect that this is not workable for a very quick
> bloating. I'll try thinking about the remaining issue.

I'm not sure we should regard very quick bloating as a problem in need
of solving.  Doesn't that just mean we need the cache to be bigger, at
least temporarily?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company