Re: Streaming I/O, vectored I/O (WIP)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Streaming I/O, vectored I/O (WIP)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 9:25 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's the 2 step version.  The streaming_read.c API is unchanged, but
> the bugmfr.c API now has only the following extra functions:
>
>   bool StartReadBuffers(..., int *nblocks, ..., ReadBuffersOperation *op)
>   WaitReadBuffers(ReadBuffersOperation *op)

I wonder if there are semi-standard names that people use for this
kind of API. Somehow I like "start" and "finish" or "start" and
"complete" better than "start" and "wait". But I don't really know
what's best. If there's a usual practice, it'd be good to adhere to
it.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com