Re: patch for parallel pg_dump

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: patch for parallel pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Joachim Wieland <joe@mcknight.de> wrote:
>> So we at least need to press on far enough to get to that point.
>
> Sure, let me know if I can help you with something.

Alright.  I think (hope) that I've pushed this far enough to serve the
needs of parallel pg_dump.  The error handling is still pretty grotty
and might need a bit more surgery to handle the parallel case, but I
think that making this actually not ugly will require eliminating the
Archive/ArchiveHandle distinction, which is probably a good thing to
do but, as you point out, maybe not the first priority right now.

Can you provide an updated patch?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company