Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 10:58 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Why make it a Node?  I mean I think a struct makes sense, but what's
> > the point of giving it a NodeTag?
>
> Well, the main point is consistency with other nodes and keep the code clean.

It looks to me like if we made it a plain struct rather than a node,
and embedded that struct (not a pointer) in VacuumStmt, then what
would happen is that _copyVacuumStmt and _equalVacuumStmt would have
clauses for each vacuum option individually, with a dot, like
COPY_SCALAR_FIELD(options.flags).

Also, the grammar production for VacuumStmt would need to be jiggered
around a bit; the way that options consolidation is done there would
have to be changed.

Neither of those things sound terribly hard or terribly messy, but on
the other hand I guess there's nothing really wrong with the way you
did it, either ... anybody else have an opinion?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company