Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 10:23 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> While I'm not sure of the details, I suspect that we need to use one
> of those methods to get the CCFLAGS used to build perl, and include
> those when SPI.o, Util.o, and plperl.o in src/pl/plperl.  Or at least
> the -D switches from those CCFLAGS.  Here's about the simplest thing
> that seems like it might work on Linux; Windows would need something
> equivalent:
>
> override CPPFLAGS += $(shell $(PERL) -MConfig -e 'print
> $$Config::Config{"ccflags"};')
>
> On my MacBook Pro, with the built-in switches, that produces:
>
> -fno-common -DPERL_DARWIN -mmacosx-version-min=10.12 -pipe -Os
> -fno-strict-aliasing -fstack-protector-strong -I/opt/local/include
> -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV
>
> Or we could try to extract just the -D switches:
>
> override CPPFLAGS += $(shell $(PERL) -MConfig -e 'print join " ", grep
> { /^-D/ } split /\s+/, $$Config::Config{"ccflags"};')

Based on discussion downthread, it seems like what we actually need to
do is update perl.m4 to extract CCFLAGS.  Turns out somebody proposed
a patch for that back in 2002:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/Pine.LNX.4.44.0211051045070.16317-200000%40wotan.suse.de

It seems to need a rebase.  :-)

And maybe some other changes, too.  I haven't carefully reviewed that thread.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company