Re: Freezing without write I/O

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Freezing without write I/O
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> +1.  I can't think of many things we might do that would be more
>> important.
>
> Can anyone guess how likely this approach is to make it into 9.5?  I've been
> pondering some incremental improvements over what we have now, but if this
> revolutionary approach has a high chance of landing then any work on
> incremental improvements would be pointless.

Well, Heikki was saying on another thread that he had kind of gotten
cold feet about this, so I gather he's not planning to pursue it.  Not
sure if I understood that correctly.  If so, I guess it depends on
whether someone else can pick it up, but we might first want to
establish why he got cold feet and how worrying those problems seem to
other people.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: New timezones used in regression tests
Сообщение: Re: New timezones used in regression tests