Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Andrew Gierth
<andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
> (This does rather suggest to me that some better regression tests for
> sorting would be a good idea, possibly even including on-disk sorts.)

Yeah.  I've been unpleasantly surprised by how easy it is to pass the
regression tests with sorting broken.

>  >> If you're determined to go this route - over my protest - then you
>  >> need to do something like define a NumericAbbrevGetDatum(x) macro
>  >> and use it in place of the Int64GetDatum / Int32GetDatum ones for
>  >> both NAN and the return from numeric_abbrev_convert_var.
>
>  Robert> Patch for that attached.
>
> That looks reasonable, though I think it could do with a comment
> explaining _why_ it's defining its own macros rather than using
> Int32*/Int64*. (And I wrote that before seeing Tom's message, even.)

Agreed.  I have added that and committed this.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric
Сообщение: Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric