Re: [HACKERS] Refactoring of replication commands using printsimple

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Refactoring of replication commands using printsimple
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 12:19 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a follow up of the refactoring that has been discussed in the
> thread to increase the default size of WAL segments:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqQ4hyNrLq+W1JrrYVSySOxuQa40PYb2Uw5UQkKaG4hong@mail.gmail.com
>
> The discussion has resulted in the creation of a84069d9 that has
> introduced a new DestReceiver method called printsimple that does not
> need any catalog access. After some investigation, I have noticed that
> a couple of messages used in the replication protocol could be
> refactored as well:
> - IDENTIFY_SYSTEM
> - TIMELINE_HISTORY
> - CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT
> This results in the following code reduction:
>
> A commit fest entry has been created:

Sorry, I have a little more nitpicking.  How about having
printsimple() use pq_sendcountedtext() instead of pq_sendint()
followed by pq_sendbytes(), as it does for TEXTOID?

Other than that, this looks fine to me now.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company