Re: Foreign keys and partitioned tables

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Foreign keys and partitioned tables
Дата
Re: Foreign keys and partitioned tables
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> This patch removes all the ONLY markers from queries in ri_triggers.c.
> That makes the queries work for the new use case, but I haven't figured
> if it breaks things for other use cases.  I suppose not, since regular
> inheritance isn't supposed to allow foreign keys in the first place, but
> I haven't dug any further.

I suspect that this leads to bugs under concurrency, something to do
with crosscheck_snapshot, but I couldn't say exactly what the problem
is off the top of my head.   My hope is that partitioning might be
immune on the strength of knowing that any given tuple could only be
present in one particular partition, but that might be wishful
thinking.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company