Re: Postgres, fsync, and OSs (specifically linux)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Postgres, fsync, and OSs (specifically linux)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 9:41 PM Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> My plan is do a round of testing and review of this stuff next week
> once the dust is settled on the current minor releases (including
> fixing a few typos I just spotted and some word-smithing).  All going
> well, I will then push the resulting patches to master and all
> supported stable branches, unless other reviews or objections appear.
> At some point not too far down the track I hope to be ready to
> consider committing that other patch that will completely change all
> of this code in the master branch, but in any case Craig's patch will
> get almost a full minor release cycle to sit in the stable branches
> before release.

I did a read-through of these patches.

+ new_requests = entry->requests[forknum];
+ entry->requests[forknum] =
+ bms_join(new_requests, requests);

What happens if bms_join fails, too?

+        recover from the WAL after any failure is reported, preferrably

preferably.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company