Re: fixing CREATEROLE

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: fixing CREATEROLE
Дата
Re: fixing CREATEROLE  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 6:32 PM David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
> Desirable follow-on patches include:
>
> 1) Automatically install an additional membership grant, with the CREATEROLE user as the grantor, specifying INHERIT
ORSET as TRUE (I personally favor attaching these to ALTER ROLE, modifiable only by oneself)

Hmm, that's an interesting alternative to what I actually implemented.
Some people might like it better, because it puts the behavior fully
under the control of the CREATEROLE user, which a number of you seem
to favor.

I suppose if we did it that way, it could even be a GUC, like
create_role_automatic_grant_options.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Preventing indirection for IndexPageGetOpaque for known-size page special areas
От: Melanie Plageman
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_bgwriter.buffers_backend is pretty meaningless (and more?)