Re: Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 17:13, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Last year we were discussing some details on progress reporting, and
>>> some people suggested that instead of printing a single percentage, we
>>> should let each type of activity print out whatever metrics it has that
>>> would allow an experienced DBA to track the progress.  Effectively, this
>>> is what this patch is trying to do.
>>>
>>> So how about adding a column to pg_stat_activity, progress_metrics or
>>> something like that, and add that information there.
>>
>> That might be a good way to go.  I don't think we want something like
>> pg_stat_all_tables for this, because it seems that Greg's use case is
>> to be able to see how a *particular* autovacuum process is doing
>> *while it's running*, not to look at aggregate statistics over time.
>> Putting it in pg_stat_activity would be good for that.
>
> It's also good to have it broken down into multiple columns, and not
> just a freetext column in the view - if tools should be able to parse
> it as well.

True.  We could have a separate system view that only shows the status
of currently-running vacuum proceses.  That wouldn't bother me either.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost
Сообщение: Re: Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost