Re: Re: BUG #13685: Archiving while idle every archive_timeout with wal_level hot_standby

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Re: BUG #13685: Archiving while idle every archive_timeout with wal_level hot_standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I'm not really a fan. I'd rather change existing callers to add a
> 'flags' bitmask argument. Right now there can't really be XLogInserts()
> in extension code, so that's pretty ok to change.

Yeah, but to what benefit?  You're just turning a smaller patch into a
bigger one and requiring churning a bunch of code that wouldn't
otherwise need to be touched.  I think Michael has a good point.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company