Re: [HACKERS] register creation date of table

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] register creation date of table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 6:20 AM, Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. I think that there is no such information in the system tables. is
> that correct?

Yes.  It's been discussed before but some people (particularly, Tom,
IIRC) are not convinced that it's useful enough to justify its
existence.

> 2. i would like to go back in time. I think that i will just look up
> the creation date for the files in the data directory and translate
> their oid's to the object names and then update their dates. This
> would of course only work from the last restore. Is that a good way to
> do it?

Well, that timestamp will get bumped on TRUNCATE, CLUSTER, VACUUM
FULL, and rewriting versions of ALTER TABLE.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company