Re: Recognizing superuser in pg_hba.conf

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Recognizing superuser in pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 2:02 PM Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > these keywords are syntactically distinct from ordinary names.  Given
> > the precedent that "+" and "@" prefixes change what an identifier means,
> > maybe we could use "*" or some other punctuation character as a keyword
> > prefix?  We'd have to give grandfather exceptions to the existing
> > keywords, at least for a while, but we could say that new ones won't be
> > recognized without the prefix.
>
> I'm all for this (and even suggested it during the IRC conversation that
> prompted this patch). It's rife with bikeshedding, though.  My original
> proposal was to use '&' and Andrew Gierth would have used ':'.

I think this is a good proposal regardless of which character we
decide to use. My order of preference from highest-to-lowest would
probably be :*&, but maybe that's just because I'm reading this on
Sunday rather than on Tuesday.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company