Re: Declarative partitioning - another take

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Declarative partitioning - another take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 9:58 PM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> With all patches applied, "make check" fails with a bunch of diffs
>> that look like this:
>>
>>   Check constraints:
>> -     "pt1chk2" CHECK (c2 <> ''::text)
>>       "pt1chk3" CHECK (c2 <> ''::text)
>
> Hm, I can't seem to reproduce this one.  Is it perhaps possible that you
> applied the patches on top of some other WIP patches or something?

Nope.  I just checked and this passes with only 0001 and 0002 applied,
but when I add 0003 and 0004 then it starts failing.  It appears that
the problem starts at this point in the foreign_data test:

ALTER TABLE pt1 DROP CONSTRAINT pt1chk2 CASCADE;

After that command, in the expected output, pt1chk2 stops showing up
in the output of \d+ pt1, but continues to appear in the output of \d+
ft2.  With your patch, however, it stops showing up for ft2 also.  If
that's not also happening for you, it might be due to an uninitialized
variable someplace.

+        /* Force inheritance recursion, if partitioned table. */

Doesn't match code (any more).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company