Re: Assert in heapgettup_pagemode() fails due to underlying buffer change

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Assert in heapgettup_pagemode() fails due to underlying buffer change
Дата
Re: Assert in heapgettup_pagemode() fails due to underlying buffer change
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 6, 2024 at 6:00 AM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I missing something or the the page buffer indeed lacks locking there?

I don't know, but if the locks are really missing now, I feel like the
first question is "which commit got rid of them?". It's a little hard
to believe that they've never been there and somehow nobody has
noticed.

Then again, maybe we have; see Noah's thread about in-place updates
breaking stuff and some of the surprising discoveries there. But it
seems worth investigating.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com