Re: [HACKERS] Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (wasChanged SRF in targetlist handling)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (wasChanged SRF in targetlist handling)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>>So, one of the big reasons I use CASE is to avoid evaluating
>>expressions in cases where they might throw an ERROR.  Like, you know:
>>
>>CASE WHEN d != 0 THEN n / d ELSE NULL END
>>
>>I guess it's not the end of the world if that only works for
>>non-set-returning functions, but it's something to think about.
>
> That's already not reliable in a bunch of cases, particularly evaluation during planning...  Not saying that's good,
butit is.

Whee!

:-)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PoC: Grouped base relation
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (was Changed SRF in targetlist handling)