Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> writes:

>> > Alright, apparently that made other Windows buildfarm members unhappy...
>>
>> > I guess the next approach will be to add back MODULES_big and add in a
>> > .c file for the Windows systems to be happy about.  I'm certainly open
>> > to other suggestions.
>>
>> You should not need to do that; cf src/test/modules/test_extensions,
>> which has got SQL-only extensions.
>
> test_extensions is also included in the "contrib_excludes" list in
> src/tools/msvc/Mkvcbuild.pm that I mentioned in my last email, so I'm
> thinking that's what is needed.
>
>> But at this point I think Peter's complaint has some force to it, and that
>> what you ought to do is revert the testing patch.  You can have another go
>> after beta1.
>
> Are you suggesting commiting to still-9.6-HEAD post-beta1?  I took
> Peter's comment as suggesting that adding the tests would have to wait
> til after we branched 9.6, as we do for features.
>
> I'd really like to have these tests included as that will make them
> available to others more easily to add on to, and I'm certainly planning
> to continue adding tests until I get pg_dump.c's coverage a lot better.
> That seems like the perfect kind of effort that should be happening
> right now- adding more tests and working to make sure that what's been
> committed is correct (and fixing it when it isn't, as discovered by the
> test suite with transforms and casts...).

I think what he's suggesting right now is that you revert the patch
that is turning the BF red right before beta.  We can iron out what
else to do later.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company