Re: [BUGS] BUG #8573: int4range memory consumption

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #8573: int4range memory consumption
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:52 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>
>>> The last patch including Windows implementation was posted at below
>>> link sometime back.
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/6C0B27F7206C9E4CA54AE035729E9C382853263C@szxeml509-mbs
>>
>>> If this is the right thing, I can rebase the patch and make it ready.
>>
>> IIRC, the discussion stalled out because people had security concerns
>> and/or there wasn't consensus about how it should look at the user level.
>> There's probably not much point in polishing a patch until we have more
>> agreement about the high-level design.
>
> Okay. However +1 for working on that idea as lot of people have shown
> interest in it.

Agreed.  I remember the sticking point as being mostly, like, whether
we should just make it work, or whether we had to do a huge amount of
additional work to turn it into something quite different from what
you had in mind.  That question answers itself.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company