Re: pg_amcheck contrib application

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pg_amcheck contrib application
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 11:06 PM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> It now reports:
>
> # heap table "postgres"."public"."test", block 0, offset 18, attribute 2:
> #     toast value 16461 missing chunk 3 with expected size 1996
> # heap table "postgres"."public"."test", block 0, offset 18, attribute 2:
> #     toast value 16461 was expected to end at chunk 6 with total size 10000, but ended at chunk 5 with total size
8004

> It sounds like you weren't expecting the second of these reports.  I think it is valuable, especially when there are
multiplemissing chunks and multiple extraneous chunks, as it makes it easier for the user to reconcile the missing
chunksagainst the extraneous chunks.

I wasn't, but I'm not overwhelmingly opposed to it, either. I do think
I would be in favor of splitting this kind of thing up into two
messages:

#     toast value 16459 unexpected chunks 1000 through 1004 each with
size 1996 followed by chunk 1005 with size 20

We'll have fewer message variants and I don't think any real
regression in usability if we say:

#     toast value 16459 has unexpected chunks 1000 through 1004 each
with size 1996
#     toast value 16459 has unexpected chunk 1005 with size 20

(Notice that I also inserted "has" so that the sentence a verb. Or we
could "contains.")

I committed 0001.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: jsonb subscripting assignment performance
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Bogus collation version recording in recordMultipleDependencies