Re: [HACKERS] Preliminary results for proposed new pgindent implementation

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Preliminary results for proposed new pgindent implementation
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Preliminary results for proposed new pgindent implementation
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I certainly would rather that our version matched something that's under
> active maintenance someplace.  But it seems like there are two good
> arguments for having a copy in our tree:
>
> * easy accessibility for PG developers
>
> * at any given time we need to be using a specific "blessed" version,
> so that all developers can get equivalent results.  There's pretty much
> no chance of that happening if we depend on distro-provided packages,
> even if those share a common upstream.

Yeah, but those advantages could also be gained by putting the
pgindent tree on git.postgresql.org in a separate repository.  Having
it in the same repository as the actual PostgreSQL code is not
required nor, in my opinion, particularly desirable.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company