Re: array_length(anyarray)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: array_length(anyarray)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 1:41 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2014/1/19 Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to>
>> On 1/19/14, 12:21 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>> I checked it and I got a small issue
>>>
>>> bash-4.1$ patch -p1 < cardinality.patch
>>> (Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
>>>
>>> not sure about source of this problem.
>>

>> I can't reproduce the problem.  In fact, I don't see a single CR byte in
>> the patch file on my disk, the file my email clients claims to have sent or
>> a copy of the file I downloaded from the archives.  Are you sure this isn't
>> a problem on your end?
>
> It can be problem on my side - some strange combination of mime type. I seen
> this issue before. I will recheck it tomorrow from other computer.

Doesn't matter anyway.  Patch needing to strip trailing CRs doesn't
cause any issue.  I got the same message, BTW; maybe some kind of
gmail weirdness.

As it turns out, a function called cardinality() was added in 2009 and
ripped back out again.  But the one that was committed back then had
funny semantics that people weren't sure about, and people seemed to
think it should behave like this one does.  So I've gone ahead and
committed this, crossing my fingers that we won't have to rip it back
out again.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company