Re: Securing "make check" (CVE-2014-0067)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Securing "make check" (CVE-2014-0067)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> wrote:
> Re: Noah Misch 2014-03-30 <20140330014531.GE170273@tornado.leadboat.com>
>> On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 10:04:55AM +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
>> > Fwiw, to relocate the pg_regress socket dir, there is already the
>> > possibility to run make check EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS="--host=/tmp". (With
>> > the pending fix I sent yesterday to extend this to contrib/test_decoding.)
>>
>> That doesn't work for "make check", because the postmaster ends up with
>> "listen_addresses=/tmp".
>
> Oh, right. There's this other patch which apparently works so well
> that I already forgot it's there:
>
> Enable pg_regress --host=/path/to/socket:

https://alioth.debian.org/scm/loggerhead/pkg-postgresql/postgresql-9.4/trunk/view/head:/debian/patches/60-pg_regress_socketdir.patch

Wasn't this patch submitted for inclusion in PostgreSQL at some point?Did we have some good reason for not accepting
it?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company