Re: pgsql: Add new GUC createrole_self_grant.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pgsql: Add new GUC createrole_self_grant.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 4:00 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > If you want to make safe a SECURITY DEFINER function written using sql
> > or plpgsql, you either have to schema-qualify every single reference
> > or, more realistically, attach a SET clause to the function to set the
> > search_path to a sane value during the time that the function is
> > executing. The problem here can be handled the same way, except that
> > it's needed in a vastly more limited set of circumstances: you have to
> > be calling a SECURITY DEFINER function that will execute CREATE ROLE
> > as a non-superuser (and that user then needs to be sensitive to the
> > value of this GUC in some security-relevant way). It might be good to
> > document this -- I just noticed that the CREATE FUNCTION page has a
> > section on "Writing SECURITY DEFINER Functions Safely" which talks
> > about dealing with the search_path issues, and it seems like it would
> > be worth adding a sentence or two there to talk about this.
>
> OK, I'd be satisfied with that.

OK, I'll draft a patch tomorrow.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: doc: mentioned CREATE+ATTACH PARTITION as an alternative to CREATE TABLE..PARTITION OF
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Option to not use ringbuffer in VACUUM, using it in failsafe mode