Re: Better tracking of free space during SP-GiST index build

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Better tracking of free space during SP-GiST index build
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Sure, that would be useful.
>
> I think it would be useful to make repository of such data sets, so that
> patch authors & reviewers can get a reasonable collection of data sets if
> needed, instead of scrambling every time. Opinions?

In theory, great idea.  In practice, I suspect the problem will be
that nobody will know what the use case for a particular data set was
supposed to be, and therefore it'll become a collection of files
nobody knows what to do with.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company