Re: BUG #6286: Table Partitioning - SQL/MED - interaction broken

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #6286: Table Partitioning - SQL/MED - interaction broken
Дата
Re: BUG #6286: Table Partitioning - SQL/MED - interaction broken  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Greg Fausak" <greg@named.com> writes:
>> Here is the bug when trying to use the two together with a rule to bind
>> them:
>
>> create rule "_RETURN" as on select to X do instead select * from Y;
>
> Creating rules on inheritance children isn't supported, and you should
> not hold your breath waiting for it to be.
>
> We probably ought to have something in there to throw an error ...

Probably not for rules in general, but we shouldn't let people turn
tables into views if they are involved in table inheritance, as either
a parent or a child.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company