Re: File_fdw documentation patch to clarify OPTIONS clause

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: File_fdw documentation patch to clarify OPTIONS clause
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Mike Blackwell <mike.blackwell@rrd.com> wrote:
> The file_fdw documentation for the OPTIONS clause references the COPY
> command's documentation.  In the case of COPY, the value for some options
> (e.g. HEADER, OIDS, ...) is optional.  While the file_fdw documentation
> makes no mention of it, the values for all options are required.
>
> Attached is a patch to add a note to the docs mentioning this fact.

I think this would be a good thing to document, but it took me a
minute to properly understand what you were saying.  So I'd like to
suggest slightly different wording: "Note that while COPY allows
options such as OIDS and HEADER to be specified without a
corresponding value, the foreign data wrapper syntax requires a value
to be present in all cases.  To activate COPY options normally
supplied without a value, you can instead pass the value TRUE."

Other suggestions welcome if you don't like that text...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company