Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
>>>   sh> ./pgbench -T 3 -B -N -w 2 -S -w 7 --per-script-stats
>>
>> That is a truly horrifying abuse of command-line arguments.  -1 from
>> me, or minus more than one if I've got that many chits to burn.
>
> Are you against the -w, or against saying that pgbench execute scripts,
> whether internal or from files?

I'm against the idea that we accept multiple arguments for scripts,
and that a subsequent -w modifies the meaning of the
script-specifiying argument already read.  That strikes me as a very
unintuitive interface.  I'm not sure exactly what would be better at
the moment, but I think we need something better.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company