Re: Patch to improve reliability of postgresql on linux nfs

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Patch to improve reliability of postgresql on linux nfs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:
> Really, it's not *that* hard to put a retry loop around "read" and "write".

+1.  I don't see what we're gaining by digging in our heels on this
one.  Retry loops around read() and write() are pretty routine, and I
wouldn't like to bet this is the only case where not having them could
cause an unnecessary failure.

Now, that having been said, I *really* think we could use some better
documentation on which mount options we believe to be safe, and not
just for NFS.  Right now we have practically nothing.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company