Re: storing an explicit nonce

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: storing an explicit nonce
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 1:55 PM Antonin Houska <ah@cybertec.at> wrote:
> I'm just trying to make our changes to buffile.c less invasive. Or do you mean
> that this module should be reworked regardless the encryption?

I wasn't thinking of buffile.c specifically. I think improving that
might be a really good idea, although I'm not 100% sure I know what
that would look like. I was thinking that it's unfortunate that there
are so many different ways that I/O happens overall. Like, there are
direct write() and pg_pwrite() calls in various places, for example.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com