Re: [HACKERS] pageinspect: Hash index support

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pageinspect: Hash index support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 1:14 AM, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The previous patch was using pageinspect--1.5.sql as a base, and then uses
>> pageinspect--1.5-1.6.sql to upgrade to version 1.6.
>>
>> Removing pageinspect--1.5.sql, and adding pageinspect--1.6.sql with the
>> current interface will use pageinspect--1.6.sql directly where as existing
>> installations will use the upgrade scripts.
>>
>> Hence I don't see a reason why we should keep pageinspect--1.5.sql around
>> when we can provide a clear interface description in a pageinspect--1.6.sql.
>
> okay, agreed.

No, you're missing the point.  The patch doesn't need to add
pageinspect--1.6.sql at all, nor does it remove pageinspect--1.5.sql.
It only needs to add pageinspect--1.5--1.6.sql and change the default
version to 1.6.  No other changes are required.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company