Re: pgsql: Unbreak legacy syntax "COMMENT ON RULE x IS y", with no relation

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pgsql: Unbreak legacy syntax "COMMENT ON RULE x IS y", with no relation
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Unbreak legacy syntax "COMMENT ON RULE x IS y", with no relation name.
>
> check_object_ownership() isn't happy about the null relation pointer.
> We could fix it there, but this seems more future-proof.
>
> Branch
> ------
> REL9_1_STABLE
>
> Details
> -------
> http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a60c16db5f36562df571d36fcacbbed33fd40bd4
>
> Modified Files
> src/backend/catalog/objectaddress.c |    5 +++++

Woops.  This was a live bug only on the master branch.  I mistakenly
thought 9.1 had the same issue, but it turns out to have been
introduced by commit c533c1477f6beede766034c1226a20ac08320b05.  I
didn't notice that the rebase over 9.1 worked out to only a comment
change.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company