Re: Rename backup_label to recovery_control

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Rename backup_label to recovery_control
Дата
Re: Rename backup_label to recovery_control  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 12:06 PM Michael Banck <mbanck@gmx.net> wrote:
> Not sure what to do about this, but as people/companies start moving to
> 15, I am afraid we will get people complaining about this. I think
> having exclusive mode still be the default for pg_start_backup() (albeit
> deprecated) in one release and then dropping it in the next was too
> fast.

I completely agree, and I said so at the time, but got shouted down. I
think the argument that exclusive backups were breaking anything at
all was very weak. Nobody was being forced to use them, and they broke
nothing for people who didn't.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com