Re: ICU locale validation / canonicalization

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: ICU locale validation / canonicalization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 5:09 PM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> I do like the ICU format locale IDs from a readability standpoint.
> "en_US@colstrength=primary" is more meaningful to me than "en-US-u-ks-
> level1" (the equivalent language tag).

Sadly, neither of those means a whole lot to me? :-(

How did you find out that those are equivalent?

> And the format is specified[1],
> even though it's not an independent standard. But I think the benefits
> of better validation, an independent standard, and the fact that we're
> already favoring BCP47 outweigh my subjective opinion.

See, I'm confused, because that link says "If a keyword list is
present it must be preceded by an at-sign" which makes it sound like
it is talking about stuff like en_US@colstrength=primary rather than
stuff like en-US-u-ks-level1. The examples are all that way too, like
it gives examples like en_IE@currency=IEP and
fr@collation=phonebook;calendar=islamic-civil.

--
Robert Haas