Re: BUG #6281: need to remove

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #6281: need to remove
Дата
Re: BUG #6281: need to remove  ("Jim Jackson \(817\) 233-2385" <jimjackson@judgefite.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Jim Jackson (817) 233-2385
<jimjackson@judgefite.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the response. I hope this is useful.
>
> I downloaded it as part of a poker tracking software. I do not remember w=
hat
> one when this started causing issues I removed that.

Probably Holdem Manager.  We get regular bug reports here about that
software, even though we don't produce it or support it.  I am going
to go out on a limb here and say that the problem you're experiencing
has nothing to do with PostgreSQL and everything to do with that
poker-tracking software.  It sounds to me like that software installed
PostgreSQL when you installed it, and then didn't uninstall PostgreSQL
when you uninstalled it.  That's a problem with their installers, not
PostgreSQL, and we have no control over those installers.

> PostgreSQL 8.4.1
>
> Two example file pathes;
>
> C:\users\Jim\Local Settings
>
> C:\users\postgres
>
> Example of message
>
> "C:\users\Jim\Local Settings is not accessible
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Access Denied"

That's pretty annoying, but it's not PostgreSQL's fault.  Our server
doesn't change any permissions.  Our installers might, but probably
not on those directories, and you didn't use our installers anyway;
you used something provided by Holdem Manager, and I think you need to
complain to them, not us.

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company