Re: postgres_fdw join pushdown (was Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: postgres_fdw join pushdown (was Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 4:52 PM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> If the list in the joining relation changes (may be because we appended
> parameterized conditions), we would be breaking links on all the upper
> relations in the join tree in an unpredictable manner. The problem may not
> show up now, but it's an avenue for unrecognizable bugs. So, it's safer to
> copy the lists in the state that we want them.

Agreed.  The lists figure to be short, so copying them shouldn't be
very expensive, and it's better to do that in all cases than to leave
shared-substructure hazards around for future patch authors to worry
about.

Committed Ashutosh's version of the patch.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company